Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Extractor by Emily Walker

A detective tries to solve the mystery of disappearances surrounding a dentist who is more horrifying then he could ever imagine.

My Review:

The Extractor is a first for me. It is the very first horror book I've read in a long time and I must admit that it was surprisingly good. I'm not a fan of horror only because I tend to dream about what I've read and would rather avoid nightmares LOL But I was asked for my honest opinion and so here it is.

Since there isn't really a synopsis for this book here on Amazon, I will try not to spoil it for the rest of you. Basically, The Extractor is a short story about a detective working a case of disappearances around a dental office. Little does he know that the he will find out exactly what happened to them.

Emily did a wonderful job of packing so much creativity and gore into such a short read. I was able to visualize everything and luckily I didn't have nightmares!(plus I read it during the day so that helped)The story wasn't rushed through or overly done. I would say that there was just the right amount of everything. She gave enough information on the main characters so that you aren't left wondering who they were or why they are doing what it is they are doing.

I think that I might start taking up horror a little at a time. But during the day of course =) Thank you Emily for opening me up to a new genre!
 

Buy Links:


About Emily:

Image of Emily Walker
Emily Walker writer with MidnightHour who writes as Lyra Mcken for GMTA Publishing and Jewels Moss for Midnight Fire! Also a Self Pubbing Maniac! My favorite author is Heinlein, but I also have a weak spot for Jane Austin.
My recent novels include The Reluctant Succubus with Midnight Hour Publishing, Why Yellow Jackets Can't Find the Hole with Midnight Fire Publishing and then a self published release Long Road Full Speed Ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment