Her parents, however, have other plans and Grandma Betty's farm is just one of them.
Just as her life is in shambles and the quaint town is suffocating her, she meets Chase.
Somewhere in the mix of bummer summer and small town doldrums, he becomes the boy she can't seem to avoid falling for. Just adding him to the picture, her stay starts to get better, even if she knows it has to end with the summer holidays.
That is until Betty drops a life-shattering bomb.Roxie must make a choice that will change her life forever. What happens when a spoiled brat from New York learns the true meaning of love, loss, and forgiveness?
Can Chase and Roxie find a way to be together or is this just another summer romance?
Links for Book: Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17410195-knotted-roots
Why I LOVED Knotted Roots (bullet style)
- The Cover! I totally get it! To those that don't...pfft! Read the book!!!
- The Dedication....made me cry. It is prolly one of the sweetest things I've ever read and because I know Ruthi as a fellow Bookie, made it even better!
- The intensity of the situation. No one EVER wants to be in that situation...EVER!
- The awesome attention to detail you added from the smelly airport in New York to the thick humid air in the South.
- The diner situation...Roxie meets Chase and Brian for the first time! LOL'd hard!
- Roxie, Grandma Betty, Chase, Brian, and Katy.....nuff said!
- The jammie scene...giggled my butt off at that one.
- "There was no knight in shining armor set on rescuing me, but there was a country boy in faded denim who loved me."
- The banter between Grandma Betty and Roxie when Mom comes to visit. Classic conspiratory actions right there. LOVE IT!
- The metamorphis that happens to Roxie...simply beautiful!
- The fact that this could actually happen...brings tears to my eyes.
- Your Special Thanks...even more happy tears because all of these people rock!
I read this book cover to cover. I am not praising this book because Ruthi is a friend of mine but because I really loved it. I had no idea it would be as good as it is and all of the hard work and tears she has put into has paid off! Kudos to you Ruthi on such an amazing debut novel!
About the Author:
If you had asked 6 year old Ruthi what she wanted to be when she grew up, she would have told you a Rock Star. Those dreams faded to the background when she found out who the true Rock Stars are: Authors.
She has always had a fascination with books, losing herself completely in numerous books, enjoying the worlds she found that were so unlike her own. They were her escape, and eventually became her passion.
Her family has been putting up with her and her incoherent ramblings while she worked on her debut novel, Knotted Roots. Her five year old and Fiance have suffered through many “fend for yourself” nights, but somehow still manage to love her anyway.
She is now attending the Southern New Hampshire University, working on her Bachelor’s in Creative Writing/Fiction so that she can create her own worlds for others to fall in love with.
Okay, now that I’m done talking in the third person, let me just say that I love connecting with people via Facebook, Goodreads, my blog, etc. If you would like to chat, you can usually find me online at any given time. I also want to say thank you to each and every person who reads my book. It was a labor of love and I truly hope that you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it!