Saturday, November 24, 2012

Random Thought: The Holidays

OK... so now that Halloween and Thanksgiving are out of the way, bring on Christmas and New Years!

For those of you who don't know (prolly all of you), Christmas is my favorite holiday by far for 4 reasons: decorating the house with gaudy decorations, listening to novelty Christmas music, baking all sorts of fattening goodies, and the most important reason...my daughter Isabel's birthday is the 26th =)

So I thought I'd share my favorite Christmas songs and baked goodies.

First up....a song!

One of my favorite songs ever!

Stille Nacht- Mannheim Steamroller

Mannheim Steamroller and Transyberian Orchestra are 2 of my favorite bands for instrumental Christmas music. They blend the right amount of electric guitars with tone bells. Who would have thought that the two go so great together? Go figure!!!

Some of my favorite goodies for the Holidays are easy to make and require little to no baking at all.

Peppermint bark...one of the best things ever created! Here's a quick an easy recipe courtesy of Allrecipes.com


http://allrecipes.com/recipe/peppermint-bark/


This  next one is easy peasy. No baking or mixing required and the kiddies can create their own!

Snowman Marshmallow Pops

http://amandaparkerandfamily.blogspot.com/2010/12/marshmallow-snowman-treats.html

SO with this little bit it Holiday cheer, I bid you adieu...for now!

Enjoy and see ya next time! Thanks for checking this out!!





No comments:

Post a Comment