Thursday, April 18, 2013

Interview: Carly Fall, Author of the Six Saviors Series!

 

Today I have the honor of sharing an awesome interview with the uber talented author of The Six Saviors Series, Carly Fall!

 What/who inspired you to become a writer and why did you choose the genre that you write?
First, thank you for having me today!

I began my writing career at fifteen. I worked on the school paper and wrote for the yearbook. That continued into college, and after where I wrote business materials. I decided to take the plunge into fiction a few years ago, and I've never looked back.
I write fantasy romance because I love a good happy ending and I love that the rules of reality can be stretched in the fantasy/paranormal genre. People can love a little harder, feel emotions a little stronger, the bad guys can be badder, and the drama can be ratcheted up to levels that wouldn't be accepted in "normal" romance.

What was the title of the first book you've ever written and what was it about?
The.Light.Within.Me.200x300I don't think it ever had a title. It was a love story based on a lost love of mine long ago, and once I finished it, I deleted it.

 Are your characters inspired by real life people? If yes, who?
Some of them are. For instance, Faith, in Finding My Faith is loosely based on my brother. Faith tends to be a loose cannon, a real explorer of life. My brother is the same way, and has been since he was young. Beverly from REBORN has an addiction problem, and I know a couple people who have struggled with it. Noah from The Light Within Me is pretty impatient, as is my husband. Hudson from REBORN deals with terrible depression, and I had a fantastic case of post partum depression after the birth of my son. Bits and pieces of me and the people I know make it into the books

 If you could meet anyone famous, dead or alive, who would it be and why?
I would love to meet Marilyn Monroe and know if she was murdered or if it was a suicide, and who did it if it was murder (which I think it was)
Finding.My.Faith.200x300
 What is your favorite time of year?

I love Christmas and I love Spring.
Favorite song of all time?

This depends on my mood! I like almost all genres of music. I can listen to almost anything from old school Aerosmith, Frank Sinatra, Iron and Wine to some of today's music. I do have a soft spot in my heart for all things 80's and early 90's.

Favorite movie of all time?
This is a hard one. How about if I just say I will watch anything with Jason Statham in it.

Most annoying sound ever?

Nails on a chalkboard.

Reborn.Cover 200x300
Most annoying call to get first thing in the morning?
"Hi, honey. I drank all the coffee."

Most weirdest thing you've ever eaten and liked it?
I don't have an answer for this. I am a terribly picky eater and I don't try many new things. However, I did take a liking to tomatoes a couple years back, which was something totally new, but not very weird. Or maybe it was weird that I hated tomatoes for most of my life. I don't know.

 Most lovable character you've created?
Beverlys.Rebirth.200x300jpegI love all my characters, but I have to say it's a tie between Noah from The Light Within Me and Jovan from Destiny's Shift.

Anything new and interesting you are currently working on?
I've  got a lot on my plate right now. The fifth installment of the Six Saviors Series, titled Tangled Fates will be out in late April, and a Contemporary Romance for Decadent Publishing's Honor Guard Series titled Chica Bella is out April 3

Which book are you excited to see made into a movie? Significance or Mortal Instruments?
I don't know. I haven't read either series :)

Any book recommendations that I must absolutely must read?
Of course, all of mine :) Two books that really stayed with me were Taylor Dean's Lancaster House and The Middle Aisle.
TANGLED FATESComing Soon!!!


Image of Carly FallThank you for your interest in my books!
I am a wife, a mother and a slave to Nicky the dog.
I love to laugh, I think chocolate and wine should be considered their own food group, and I wish Christmas happened twice a year.
I love hearing from readers, so please send me an email at carlyfall@gmail.com, or connect with me on Facebook, Goodreads or Twitter.
Oh, one last thing. If you loved the book you read, please go and leave a review where you bought it!
For more information on upcoming books as well as freebies and giveaways, visit her website at www.CarlyFall.com


More Stalker Links:

Amazon Author Page / Goodreads / Facebook

Be sure to check out Carly's website to buy all of her awesome books here or Amazon

And as always, Thank you so much for stopping by and checking out my blog!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment