By the cover of night, a man known only as Aeron hunts these creatures. On one foggy evening he finds Lucille Knight's life in jeopardy and Aeron's interest is instantly peaked when he saves the young lady.
But Aeron will have competition when Lucy meets Lord Garrett Ashdown, son of the Inventor, Earl Thomas.
Lucy is drawn to the masked man and equally mysterious Lord. With one concealing his true identity and the other hiding a ghastly secret, she does not know which one is less dangerous.
Will she be able to be with the man she chooses when she learns the awful truth?
My Review:First and foremost..I've never ever read or heard of Steampunk before read Gravely Inanimated. So going into this book/series, I had no idea what I was in for.
For this review, I am going at it differently. I will list the Pros and Cons of Gravely Inanimated. Hope you enjoy my findings!
- It's London! Who doesn't love London??!!!???
- It's about Zombies
- Fun to read and made me giggle
- Dark and mysterious always works!
- 2 possible love interests (oh the horror of it all!)
- My new favorite word: Dolt
- "Trust was like a flame. Once blown out, you cannot relight the same one. It was forever changed and never again can be it what it once was."
- Corsets, corsets, corsets!!!
- HUGE TWIST!
- Beautifully written
- Fighting and swordplay
- I took my time and enjoyed it even though I wanted to stay up and read it in one night!
- My Kindle version was missing pieces on certain pages; like sentence fragments.
- I finished it.
-I don't have Book 2 yet =(
SO there you have it folks! My Pros and Cons list for Gravely Inanimated. And as always, thank you for stopping by and checking out my page!
About the Author:
Her name is Esther Wheelmaker and she is the author of the new, Zombiepunk Series.
With Gravely Inanimated (book one) coming to life, she is pounding away on her typewriter to try and get book two out. However, she is easily distracted by sparkly things.
Her background is a mystery and all anyone knows is she loves hugs, corsets, steampunk, books and Mozart….
…Let's face it…Everyone likes a girl with a little mystery.
Genre: Steampunk YA, Romance AdventureTour Host: Lady Amber's Tours