Running in the Dark
In the Dark #1
By- Inger Iversen
Genre- New Adult Paranormal Romance
Known as Trace to his enemies and friends, this lethal Dhampir leaves no trace of his victims behind.
The life of deadly Russian slayer, Trace, has always revolved around death and preventing humankind from learning about the legendary creatures of the night. But now his position as a Watcher has become a prison, and dealing death for the Nation isn’t as prestigious as he once believed it to be.
College dropout Bessina Darrow has witnessed things she isn’t permitted to see, a simple case of wrong place at the wrong time puts her life in danger. When Bessina becomes his new mark, Trace is prepared to eliminate her—until he discovers a way out for them both.
Protecting Bessina means defying the leaders of the Nation, an act that has them both running for their lives. The more Trace fights to disappear from danger, the more he unravels the secrets surrounding his world of lore—secrets he must unveil to finally save a life, instead of destroy it.
Favorite Music to Write to
- Instrumentals. I am in love with Lights & Motion album Save Your Heart.
2. Indie music. Sometimes I can find rare music, or rather, music that I have never heard in the radio before on Spotify.
3. The John Wick soundtrack. When writing a fight scene I listen to this soundtrack!
4. Marina & The Diamonds. I love her, but listen to the acoustic version of her songs. Her voice is amazing.
5. The Civil Wars is a really great band. I listen to them if I am behind schedule, but not really in the mood to work.
About the Author-
Inger Iversen lives in Virginia Beach with her overweight lap cat, Max and her tree boyfriend, Joshua. She spends 90 percent of her time in Barnes and Noble and the other ten pretending not to want to be in Barnes and Noble.