Saturday, October 31, 2015

Unbreakable Release Day Blitz


Title: Unbreakable
Author: S.E. Lund
Genre: Contemporary Erotic Romance 
Hosted by: Lady Amber's Tours


Blurb:

The date is set and arrangements are being made for Drake and Kate's wedding. The honeymoon plans are final and renovations to the 8th Avenue apartment are under way. Everything is in place for the start of married life, but not everyone is happy. Both Drake and Kate will experience deeply personal challenges as they face their future together.

Is their bond unbreakable?

18+ for mature content. 

S. E. Lund lives with her family of humans and animals in a small city in Western Canada in an old house on a quiet tree-lined street. Besides writing erotic, contemporary and paranormal romance, she writes science fiction and fantasy, science fact, advocates for climate action, plays piano and dreams of living in a warm climate by the ocean. 

Author Links:
Website: www.selund.com
Twitter:  @elizal2012

Buy Links:


Saturday night arrived all too soon.
I’d been busy all day packing the bedroom, and was now finishing up packing my studio, sorting through the tubes of acrylic paint and brushes, deciding which ones to keep for shipping or discard. I wrapped up my canvases and finished taping boxes shut when Drake arrived home from the hospital after spending time signing papers and seeing the last of his patients.
He popped his head in the doorway.
“Hey,” he said, his gaze moving around the room, taking in the emptiness of it, and the boxes piled in the center of the room. “Time to get ready.”
I exhaled heavily, unable to hide the reluctance I felt about going to Michael and Claire’s house for the going away party.
Drake heard me and forced a smile. “I know, I know…” He came over to where I stood surrounded by packing boxes and put his hands on my shoulders. “You don’t have to come if you don’t want to. I’ll understand.”
“It doesn’t matter to you?”
He shook his head. “I’d like to be with you, I’d like you beside me, but I understand if you’d rather not have to face Claire. And Sam.”
“Sam, too?” I said and made a face. Of course I knew Sam would be there along with all the other interns, residents and staff who worked with Drake, as well as faculty from the medical college and some of Drake’s senior students.
“Unfortunately.” Drake bent down and looked in my eyes. “If you come, I promise to keep your hand in mine the entire time we’re there. You won’t have to deal with either of them alone, if that’s what you’re worried about.”
I shook my head. “No, it’s fine. Before the safari, I could have spent time with Claire while you did your rounds with your students and the staff, saying goodbye, but now…”
“Michael promised Claire would be on her best behavior.”
I laughed ruefully at that. What was Claire’s best behavior? I had visions of her standing off to the side of the room, whispering with Sam. It didn’t make me feel like going to the party. It felt more like I would be going to an inquisition.
I had to tell myself that I would be leaving with Drake for Manhattan on Tuesday morning. Soon, Claire and Sam would be far away.
“I’ll be fine,” I said and forced a smile. “I’m a big girl. I’ll hold a drink in my hand and smile, listen to conversations, and try to avoid them both.”
“I’ll have your arm hooked through mine. You’ll be my arm candy.”
“Arm candy?” I said with a laugh. “If you put it that way…”
He pulled me into his arms and rocked me gently back and forth. “Arm candy. Brain candy. Heart candy. All three.”
“When you put it like that, how can I refuse?”

I had a quick shower and dressed, putting on the sundress that Drake liked so much, despite it being informal, but he wanted me to wear it so I complied. Drake came into the bathroom while I was standing in front of the mirror curling my hair and he sat on the edge of the tub, watching me get ready as he liked to do.
“Are you sure this dress is appropriate for tonight?” I asked, catching his eye in the mirror.
“Entirely appropriate. It’s my favorite dress. I want to gaze at you and enjoy how the fabric hugs your curves.”
I smiled to myself and curled a long lock of hair, then tucked it into my updo with a bobby pin.
“You’re ready to go?” I asked as I applied some lip gloss. I checked him out. He looked devastatingly handsome, of course. His black hair was shiny and slightly wild, but incredibly sexy over his dark arched brows and blue blue eyes fringed with thick black lashes.
God, he was gorgeous…


No comments:

Post a Comment